Along with the evolution of community works in Taiwan, the concern
and practical actions has been sustained by some people. However, in addition
to enthusiasm, the formulation of skill training and theoretical knowledge in
helping community objects, the strategies to regard community as a unit of assistance,
is relatively neglected and is about to be developed.
TCWR aims to introduce Community
Works, a focused approach to serving communities that need assistance in
developing a neutral convener role, engaging people in meaningful change
efforts, and/or measuring progress towards a shared community vision.
- We initiate, support and encourage community development work and
- We help the community organizations to reflect theologically on
their response to social and economic changes
- We promote and assist community development work practices
- We provide platform and guidance for community development work
- We organize conferences and publications to encourage
researches and best practices
- We help community organizations to do community development
- We offer training and workshops for practioners
TCWR subscribes to the following guiding principles for
community development and research:
1.collaborative Approach: Community work and community development builds on cooperation, coordination and collaboration between government and communites.
2.Balance: Community work and community development builds on a balanced approach that addresses and integrates economic, social, environment and cultural consideration, and on a balabced approach between theory and practice.
3.Respect for Local Values: Government strives to understandand respectcommunity values. Community work and community development is built on existing community capacity and assets.